A Shared Health Service
Skip to Content
Midwives Licensing

Midwifery is a regulated health profession in Manitoba and the title “Midwife” is protected. This means any person in Manitoba practicing midwifery or identifying themselves as a midwife must be registered with the College of Midwives of Manitoba.

Information about registration in Manitoba is available from the:

College of Midwives of Manitoba
230 500 Portage Ave
Winnipeg MB R3C 3X1
T 204-783-4520
F 204-779-1490

Canadian Midwifery Regulators Council is a national organization of all Canadian jurisdictions’ that currently regulate midwifery. More information about midwifery regulation and practice throughout Canada can be found on their website.

For those with midwifery education from outside of Canada, the Manitoba government immigration websiteprovides information. The College of Midwives provides information on requirements for registration for internationally educated midwives.

For additional information about the Midwifery profession in Manitoba please see and The Midwives Association of Manitoba (MAM). MAM is the professional association for Midwives in Manitoba and are actively working to grow and support midwifery in Manitoba to:

  • unite into one organization all Midwives practicing in Manitoba
  • promote the profession of midwifery within Manitoba
  • advocate for public funding of midwifery services across the province
  • protect the interests of Midwives and Midwifery students
  • provide continuing education opportunities for Midwives
  • lobby for Midwifery Education Programs
  • actively participate in the national and international midwifery community
  • protect the autonomy of midwives

As well check out the Canadian Association of Midwives (CAM).